Administrative Assistant - Innovative Gene Therapy Start Up
Reporting to: Sr. Office Manager
Location: Menlo Park, CA
Orchard Therapeutics, Ltd. is a biotechnology company incorporated in September 2015 and dedicated to bringing transformative gene therapies to patients with serious and life-threatening rare diseases. This an exciting opportunity for a well-qualified candidate to join a rapidly growing international company focused on transforming the lives of patients through innovative gene therapies.
The Administrative Assistant will perform day-to-day support activities for the Orchard Therapeutics facilities located in Menlo Park and Foster City, CA. The company is looking for an individual who has a proven track record of high achievement, professionalism, reliability, and excellent organizational skills within a biotech, medical device or pharmaceutical company environment.
- Day to day tasks, including:
- Provision of administrative support to the facility department
- Primary point of contact for all office visitors, contractors and vendors
- Ordering and stocking of office and break room supplies, coordination of catering, onsite and off-site employee gatherings etc.
- Purchase order generation, issuance and closure, invoice/packing slip reconciliation and approval, other accounting activities such as personal and travel expense reporting, in coordination with the Finance/Accounting team at Orchard and/or Orchard’s outsourced Finance partner (Blick Rothenberg)
- Coordination of contracted support functions such as office janitorial, hazardous waste pick-up and scheduling. CLSA membership renewal, permits & application submissions & renewals as required
- Scheduling, event planning, and maintenance of a clear and concise calendar
- EH&S safety protocols / update of evacuation rosters, as well as the scheduling of EH&S trainings (new hires & annual refresher for existing employees) and tracking of training utilizing the QA training spreadsheet
- General clerical duties including photocopying, scanning / faxing and mailings
- Other activities as may be assigned
Candidate must possess:
- A minimum of five years of experience performing a similar role in a fast-paced biotech, medical device or pharma organization
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office programs such as, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project.
- Experience using other computer systems such as Oracle or other ERP systems, asset management & scheduling systems etc.
- A “hands-on” attitude and focus on completing / finishing tasks
- A well-organized individual with strong motivation, independence, and ability to work in a high-pace multidisciplinary environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to function well in a matrixed, highly virtual environment
- Ability to think independently and fully integrate into a high achieving team environment
- Results orientated and strong attention to detail
- Some travel may be required to provide support for other Orchard facilities as well as support at conferences, seminars and company meetings
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive based salary and the opportunity to participate in incentive compensation programs, including stock option plans. Orchard Therapeutics, Ltd. offers a comprehensive benefits program, including: medical, dental and vision care; paid vacation and holiday time; access to a voluntary 401(k). Orchard Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer.
Notice to All Applicants: Orchard Therapeutics participates in E-Verify
Notice to RECRUITERS: All employment offers and CV’s are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at Orchard Therapeutics requests that recruiters are not to contact Orchard Therapeutics employees directly to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Orchard Therapeutics. Orchard Therapeutics will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Orchard Therapeutics.