Accounting Manager - Innovative Gene Therapies
Reporting to: Senior Director, Finance
Orchard Therapeutics is a biotechnology dedicated to transforming the lives of patients with rare disorders through innovative gene therapies. Our programs use the potential of ex-vivo autologous haematopoietic stem cell gene therapy to restore normal gene function in severe and life-threatening inherited disorders. Partnering with the world's leading research centres to harness the life-giving potential of gene therapy, our mission is to transform the lives of patients with rare disorders and life-threatening disorders.
Orchard Therapeutics, Inc. is searching for a motivated and resourceful, critical thinker to join our growing finance team. The Accounting Manager will be a key member of the North America (OTNA) Finance team. It is a newly created role to meet the departments growing needs. The position requires an in-depth knowledge of accounting, internal controls, and both internal and external financial reporting. The ability to work in collaborative manner with peers, auditors, strategic partners, and to effectively communicate with various levels of management and external service providers is a must. Candidates should possess a “can do” attitude and desire to continually enhance and improve financial processes, and embrace a strong team environment.
- Lead the accurate and timely month-end close process. Activities include recording journal entries, preparing account reconciliations and roll-forwards, performing detailed account analysis.
- Manage accounts payable and employee expense reporting.
- Manage the documentation of internal control processes and responsible for maintaining effective control environment.
- Actively participate in NetSuite implementation and ongoing general ledger oversite, as well as the development of enhanced financial reporting and dashboards.
- Manage the processing and recording of payroll.
- Oversight of fixed asset accounting and related reporting.
- Preparation of financial statements and other management reports.
- Provide support for Sarbanes-Oxley testing, other periodic reviews and yearly audits, and responsible for maintaining effective control environment in assigned areas
- Assist with preparation and filing of Form 10-Q’s and Form 10-K’s.
- Ad hoc analysis and support, as needed
Education & skills
- Bachelor or Masters’ in Accounting, CPA license preferred
- Biotech experience preferred
- 3+ years’ experience in public accounting and proficiency with US GAAP
- Experience with NetSuite and ADP Workforce Now preferred
- Team player with strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Solid analytical, problem solving and financial troubleshooting skills
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive base salary and the opportunity to participate in incentive compensation programs, including a stock option plans. Orchard Therapeutics, Ltd. offers a comprehensive benefits program, including: medical, dental and vision care; paid vacation and holiday time; access to a voluntary 401(k). Orchard Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer.
All employment offers and CV’s are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at Orchard Therapeutics requests that recruiters are not to contact Orchard Therapeutics employees directly to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Orchard Therapeutics. Orchard Therapeutics will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Orchard Therapeutics.