Procurement Manager - Innovative Gene Therapy Start Up
Reporting to: Senior Director, Finance
Location: Boston, MA
Orchard Therapeutics, Ltd. is a biotechnology company incorporated in September 2015 and dedicated to bringing transformative gene therapies to patients with serious and life-threatening rare diseases. This an exciting opportunity for a well-qualified candidate to join a rapidly growing international company focused on transforming the lives of patients through innovative gene therapies
Orchard Therapeutics is searching for an experienced Procurement Manager to join our fast-growing and dynamic organization. The Procurement Manager will be a key member of the Finance team and will be responsible for developing and enhancing procurement business processes, policies, procedures and requirements to support the organization. The position is responsible for ensuring that Orchard is supplied with goods and services that meet business requirements and drive value. We are looking for someone with a desire to work in a fast-paced environment, with a strong work ethic, attention to detail and outstanding communication skills.
- Manage purchasing process including approval and maintenance of Supplier information, coordination and follow up on open Purchase requisitions and orders, and internal customer satisfaction.
- Must have the ability to build partnerships with approved vendors and develop solutions to improve the procurement process. This includes development and tracking of key performance indicators for each category of spend, facilitating strategic supplier-company business meetings that drive adherence to contractual agreements, continuous improvement and innovation
- Manage the order processing cycle times to ensure they meet internal business performance indicators.
- Obtain competitive bids or quotes for existing goods/services as needed
- Design and implement purchasing best practices and technologies to streamline and enhance the purchasing process and control environment
- Manage purchasing activities for multiple geographic locations
- Other activities as may be assigned
EDUCATION & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of B.S. with experience working within the Biotech/Pharmaceutical or supply chain field.
- A strong communicator with the ability to communicate effectively with business unit clients.
- Experience negotiating contracts; strong analytical capabilities to evaluate deals and understand what are fair and optimal pricing structures.
- Ability to independently resolve complex issues/problems, but seeks advice and counsel for decisions including key stakeholders where appropriate.
- Professional, hard-working team player with a can-do attitude that acts responsibly in an ethical manner.
- Experience with NetSuite and materials documentation an advantage.
- Advanced MS Excel skills
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive base salary and the opportunity to participate in incentive compensation programs, including a stock option plans. Orchard Therapeutics, Ltd. offers a comprehensive benefits program, including: medical, dental and vision care; paid vacation and holiday time; access to a voluntary 401(k). Orchard Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer.
Notice to All Applicants: Orchard Therapeutics participates in E-Verify
Notice to RECRUITERS: All employment offers and CV’s are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at Orchard Therapeutics requests that recruiters are not to contact Orchard Therapeutics employees directly to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Orchard Therapeutics. Orchard Therapeutics will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Orchard Therapeutics.