Senior Research Associate, Analytical Operations - Innovative Gene Therapy Start Up
- We are seeking a highly motivated, creative and results-oriented Senior Research Associate to join a dynamic and highly collaborative team in support of development and characterization of non-clinical and clinical-scale manufacturing processes for cell therapies.
- The successful candidate will help to design, develop, optimize and qualify/validate analytical methods for the characterization, release and stability testing of viral vector products and cell therapy drug products.
- Utilize cutting-edge technologies to develop, qualify/validate and execute robust methods for characterization of lentiviral vector product and cell therapy drug product manufacturing processes
- Provide analytical support for clinical-scale non-GMP/ GMP IND-enabling manufacturing operations, including qualification of in-process and release methods and tech transfer internally and externally in support of GMP manufacturing and release of clinical material
- Contribute to innovative assay platforms to enhance product characterization technologies
- Contribute to project technical teams
- Communicate and collaborate effectively
- Demonstrate strong accountability as well as details-oriented, quick learner of new assay platforms
- Ensure high-quality, timely documentation in laboratory notebooks, SOPs and technical reports
- Present data to scientists and management in internal venues
- Other activities as may be assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- MS degree in Life science/Immunology/Molecular Biology/Cell Biology with 3+ year experience in biotech/biopharma industry (preferably in the development of analytical methods for the characterization of gene- or cell-based therapies).
- The individual will design, plan and conduct hands-on laboratory experiments independently, and apply advanced scientific knowledge to complete projects
- Broad technical proficiency in cell culture and cell-based assays
- Experience in a variety of analytical methods such as ELISA, enzyme activity assay, FACS and qPCR. Experienced with virus transduction is a plus
- Flexibility in a fast-paced, changing environment; be willing to accept responsibilities outside of the initial job description.
- Capability in handling multiple tasks efficiently, experienced in data analysis and interpretation
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and statistics software
All employment offers and CV’s are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at Orchard Therapeutics requests that recruiters are not to contact Orchard Therapeutics employees directly to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Orchard Therapeutics. Orchard Therapeutics will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Orchard Therapeutics.