Senior Director, Global Cloud Architecture - Innovative Gene Therapy Start Up
Reporting To: Vice President, Global IT
Location: Boston, Ma
Orchard Therapeutics, Ltd. is a biotechnology company incorporated in September 2015 and dedicated to bringing transformative gene therapies to patients with serious and life-threatening rare diseases. This an exciting opportunity for a well-qualified candidate to join a rapidly growing international company focused on transforming the lives of patients through innovative gene therapies.
The Senior Director, Global Cloud Architecture provides a systematic approach with regards to the high-level concerns of standardization and governance in conceiving, developing, operating and maintaining cloud computing systems and platforms at Orchard. Further, the Senior Director ensures that Orchard cloud architecture and development design follow best practices with regards to interdependencies, security, privacy, and compliance. The role ensures adherence to the appropriate IT governance model to ensure a secure computing environment and to comply with all relevant organizational information technology policies. Further, the role maintains and negotiates all enterprise cloud application contracts and budget as well as providing secondary technical support for all enterprise cloud applications.
- Provide leadership and management for Orchard IA staff, partners, and consultants.
- Planning, design, and deployment of E2B and B2B integration solutions with interdependent and proven DevOps strategies for platforms including Amazon Web Services, Google Apps for Business collaborative environment, Middleware and Data Warehouse solutions and COTS SaaS environments.
- Ensures Orchard cloud and physical architecture design follows best practices with regards to interdependencies, security, privacy, and compliance.
- Follow and adhere to IT Quality Standards policy and procedure (including change management, incident handling and inventory). Perform post-resolution follow-ups to outage\upgrade events.
- Design, manage and provide direction with Orchard’s physical and virtual OS environments and storage. This includes troubleshooting and remediation including hands-on fixes at the server level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Coordinate, perform and follow up on all installations, updates, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, usage and log monitoring following system procedures of all components of Orchard’s information infrastructure.
- Maintain cloud services infrastructure documentation, policy, process, and schematic diagram documentation.
- Provide working knowledge and design of enterprise single sign on and multi factor authentication.
- Design and provide direction for enterprise data backup, archival, and recovery.
- Ability to work night and weekends when necessary.
- Create and update process and system documentation
- Physical and cloud infrastructure support, escalated service ticket resolution, systems and network monitoring, documentation and overseeing development of Orchard’s corporate, commercial, marketing and analytics systems. The role will follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) in resolving issues, as well as submit documentation for work completed ensuring that all enterprise cloud services are maintained and managed to ensure full uptime, security and proper usage.
- Other activities as may be assigned
EDUCATION & SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum 15 years of IT experience; 10 years’ experience in Windows\VMware server support operations, and 5 years in cloud service architecture required. Candidate must have administrative experience with virtualization running replication between multiple facilities
- Documented leadership capabilities and a track record of fusing IT strategy with business needs to achieve goals in technology implementation, enterprise solutions, and business process continuity.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, cloud-based IaaS/PaaS/SaaS solutions, ITIL V2/V3 processes and/or the ISO 9000/20000 standard, as they apply to enterprises in the health sciences marketplace.
- All candidates must have excellent diagnostic abilities and demonstrated multi-tasking and independent problem-solving skills. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to manage capital and operating budget, full time staff, change management, third party vendors and consultants at the enterprise level
- Ability to lead team and provide “hands on” direction across the full lifecycle (plan, design, build, test, deploy and maintain) to deliver highly-available, highly-scalable, and secure applications and platforms in the cloud.
- Experience deploying solutions in public, private and, hybrid clouds including integration scenarios that require mixed (hosted / on premise) environments.
- Working knowledge of SAN storage, HA, de-duplication, and replication. EMC, Netapp, Data Domain.
- Working knowledge of OS security and database architecture, email technology, virtual technology. Specifically, Windows Server, VSphere 5 and high-level understanding of database design.
- Knowledge in clustering / load levelling as it pertains to proving highly-scalable cloud solutions. Cloud automation techniques and technologies
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) is a must. AWS EC2, S3, and other third party private solutions.
- Candidates will be expected to work independently on larger projects as directed by the Vice President.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive base salary and the opportunity to participate in incentive compensation programs, including a stock option plans. Orchard Therapeutics, Ltd. offers a comprehensive benefits program, including: medical, dental and vision care; paid vacation and holiday time; access to a voluntary 401(k). Orchard Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer.
Notice to All Applicants: Orchard Therapeutics participates in E-Verify
Notice to RECRUITERS: All employment offers and CV’s are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at Orchard Therapeutics requests that recruiters are not to contact Orchard Therapeutics employees directly to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Orchard Therapeutics. Orchard Therapeutics will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of Orchard Therapeutics.