Senior Director of Program and Portfolio Management
Reporting to: Chief of Staff
Orchard Therapeutics is clinical-stage biotechnology company developing transformative gene therapies for patients with severe inherited orphan diseases. The company was formed in September 2015 and was named a Fierce 15 Company by Fierce Biotech in 2016. As the company is rapidly expanding its pipeline of medicines for primary immune deficiencies and inherited metabolic disorders, we are looking to appoint a Senior Director, Program & Portfolio Management, to provide an integrated, cross-functional view of all development programs and to shape the optimal allocation of the company’s resources.
Working closely with the Chief of Staff and SVP Program & Portfolio Management, the role requires a highly resourceful individual with outstanding collaborative working skills, strategic & analytical skills in equal measures, emotional intelligence and highly developed communication skills.
This is a unique opportunity to play a central role in the rapid growth phase of a biotechnology company with a transformative technology.
Program Management responsibilities
The Senior Director, Program & Portfolio Management will work alongside Program Leaders/Heads and the Chief of Staff and SVP Program & Portfolio Management to ensure the consistent and effective planning and delivery of development programs:
- Delivering integrated view of the company’s programs, including project plans, deliverables/milestones and associated resources (including FTEs and expenses);
- Identifying interdependencies between projects
- Provinding an integrated view of projects risks, both the the portfolio and project team level, and associated risk mitigation plans, in coordination with the respective program teams;
- Provide the Finance Team with up-to-date projections on resources (including FTEs and direct expenses), to inform the budget process and the copmany’s allocation of resources over a 3-year time horizon
- Aligning tools and project management standards with the Chief of Staff and SVP Program & Portfolio Management to ensure a consistent & effective program management in the company.
Portfolio Management responsibilities
The Senior Director, Program & Portfolio Management will work alongside the Chief of Staff and SVP Program & Portfolio Management to collect and assess information on the company’s development programs and inform the optimal allocation of resources across programs:
- Defining key program metrics and assessments required for portfolio decisions;
- Collecting and assessing key program information including: development stage; activities & timelines; key interdependencies; risks and mitigation plans; costs/resources; program competitiveness; financial forecasts incl. sales and return on investment projections;
- Providing the copmany’s Executive Leadership Team with strategic assessment of the company’s portfolio of programs;
- Developing the company’s long-range forecast, leading scenario planning and developing recommendations for Corporate resource allocation.
- Outstanding program management or project management credentials; a proven ability to lead complex, cross-functional projects, align key stakeholders and project teams on key objectives and milestones and agree on resource requirements and associated timelines;
- Outstanding command of Project Management tools, including PowerPoint, MS Project, Excel; dashboards, etc. to present the company’s leadership team with a coherent representation of all pipeline programs;
- Highly developed communications skills, in writing and verbally, at every level of the organization;
- A strategic mindset, including the ability to identify the most relevant parameters driving a business decision and to focus the work accordingly;
- Excellent technical / analytical skills to assess the company’s portfolio of programs
- Proven financial analysis skills
- A strong business orientation and the ability to view issues from multiple functional perspectives, whilst managing organizational ambiguity
- An understanding of the complexities of development of gene and cell therapies (preferred)
- An understanding of the technical aspects of vector and cell product manufacturing (preferred)
- First rate academic background; undergraduate degree required; ideally with an MBA from a top business school or other relevant post-graduate qualification.
Competitive Salary, Private Medical Dental & Vision, Life insurance, Long term Illness cover, Travel Insurance
Closing dates for applicants will be 15th January 2018.