Senior Office Manager - Innovative Gene Therapy Start Up
This an exciting opportunity for a well-qualified, highly motivated and detail-oriented Senior Office Manager to join a rapidly growing international company focused on transforming the lives of patients with rare disorders through innovative gene therapies.
In this key position, the candidate will lead a small team providing administrative and office support to the California-based operations of Orchard Therapeutics, North America (OTL). Combining exceptional experience with a great attitude and positive energy this candidate is expected to be an organizational force and thereby play a key role in the Company’s fast-paced evolution.
- Build, manage and motivate a small team providing the day-to-day administrative support to OTL’s Menlo Park and Foster City, CA office laboratory facilities, including:
- Ordering and receiving of office supplies, laboratory supplies, catering, etc.
- Provision of administrative support to OTL’s senior management team, including document processing, calendar maintenance, travel organization and expense reconciliation
- Coordination of payroll, purchasing and accounting with OTL’s Finance teams
- Coordination of IT, building and operational systems implementation and maintenance support with OTL’s Facilities team
- Coordination with OTL’s HR team
- Coordination with OTL’s other sites for meeting scheduling and event planning
- Act as the primary point of contact for all office visitors and office deliveries
- Act as the primary point of contact for internal and external enquiries, including telephone and e-mail
- Other activities as may be assigned
The ideal candidate for this position must:
- Have a minimum of eight years of direct experience performing a similar managerial and functional role in a biotech or pharma organization
- Be extremely well-organized and results orientated with strong attention to detail
- Possess the ability to move quickly from task to task with high attention to detail and stay several steps ahead to anticipate the needs of the organization.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Have experience with Microsoft Office programs (e.g., Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), HR systems and ERP/purchasing business systems
- Have a “hands-on” attitude with a focus on completing/finishing tasks
- Have the ability to think independently and fully integrate into a high achieving team environment
Education & skills
- A Bachelor’s degree or a Diploma in Business Administration is preferable, though not essential
- Experience of office management in a GMP-compliant environment a plus
- Self-starter, able to exhibit professionalism and problem solving with minimal oversight
- Experience of Oracle as a user of ERP/Purchasing
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office
- Some travel may be required to provide support for other Orchard facilities as well as support at conferences, seminars and company meetings
Platinum Healthcare Coverage, Dental and Vision, 401 (k) Safe Harbor Plan, Life Insurance and more including competitive Salary, Bonus and Equity scheme (role dependent).
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!