Sr Director, Program & Portfolio Management
Reporting to: Chief of Staff and SVP Program & Portfolio Management
Orchard Therapeutics is a biotechnology company developing transformative gene therapies for patients with severe inherited orphan diseases. The company was formed in September 2015 and was named a Fierce 15 Company by Fierce Biotech in 2016. The recent acquisition of GSK’s rare disease gene therapies portfolio strengthens Orchard’s position as a global leader in gene therapy for rare diseases.
As the company is rapidly expanding its pipeline of medicines for primary immune deficiencies and inherited metabolic disorders, we are looking to appoint a Senior Director, Program & Portfolio Management, to provide an integrated, cross-functional view of all development programs and to shape the optimal allocation of the company’s resources.
Working closely with the Chief of Staff and SVP Program & Portfolio Management, the role requires a highly resourceful individual with strong strategic & analytical skills in equal measures, program management skills and a combination of coordination, emotional intelligence and highly developed communication skills.
This is a unique opportunity to play a central role in the rapid growth phase of a biotechnology company with a transformative technology.
- Program Management:
- The Sr. Director, Program & Portfolio Management will be responsible for providing an integrated, cross-functional view of all company’s development programs;
- Defining with the Chief of Staff and SVP Program & Portfolio Management the key standards and assessments/parameters required;
- Working with the project teams to implement consistent project management standards and tools;
- Providing up-to-date project plans with key milestones/deliverables and associated costs; identifying activities on critical path and key interdependencies;
- Identifying projects risks; review and assess mitigation plans, and, where required, lead specific mitigation activities;
- Working with the Finance Team to provide regular updates on the company’s cash burn, planned allocation of resources over a 3-year time horizon
- Portfolio Management:
- Define key portfolio metrics, collect and assess key information including development stage, timelines, risks, costs/resources, competitive environment, potential revenue and return on investment
- Provide the Leadership Team with strategic overview of the R&D portfolio
- Develop the copmany long-range forecast, lead scenario planning and develop recommendations for Corporate resource allocation.
- Outstanding program management or project management credentials; a proven ability to lead complex, cross-functional projects, align key stakeholders and project teams on key objectives and milestones and agree on resource requirements and associated timelines;
- Outstanding command of Project Management tools, including PowerPoint, MS Project, Excel; dashboards, etc. to present the company’s leadership team with a coherent representation of all pipeline programs;
- Highly developed communications skills, in writing and verbally, at every level of the organization;
- A strategic mindset, including the ability to identify the most relevant parameters driving a business decision and to focus the work accordingly;
- Excellent technical / analytical skills to assess the company’s portfolio of programs
- Proven financial analysis skills
- A strong business orientation and the ability to view issues from multiple functional perspectives, whilst managing organizational ambiguity
- An understanding of the complexities of development of gene and cell therapies (preferred)
- An understanding of the technical aspects of vector and cell product manufacturing (preferred)
- First rate academic background; undergraduate degree required; ideally with an MBA from a top business school or other relevant post-graduate qualification.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!